St. Mathew’s Public School, Vijayawada was established in November 1973 as a branch of V S St. John’s Higher Secondary School, Gannavaram. It eventually became an independent and full pledged school in 1974 and got affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education. It is co-educational and runs classes from LKG to X. Aim of the’ school is not only to impart instruction but to develop the total personality of the child by training the intellectual, moral, spiritual, physical, . Its present strength is 2922 with 1856 boys and 1066 girls. It is having a 100 well qualified ‘staff.